The leader among professional organizations known globally for professionalism, integrity, excellence and social responsibility
– A key player in nation building.
The PICE aims to advance the welfare of our members and the development and prestige of the civil engineering profession and to be a dynamic force in nation building.
Code of Ethics
Civil engineers uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the civil engineering profession by:
- using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment;
- being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the public, their employers/employees and clients;
- striving to increase the competence and prestige of the civil engineering profession; and
- supporting the professional and technical societies of their disciplines.
- Civil Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of their duties.
- Civil Engineers shall perform services only in areas of their competence.
- Civil Engineers shall issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Civil Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
- Civil Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- Civil Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity, and dignity of the civil engineering profession.
- Civil Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers, and shall provide opportunities for the professional development of those civil engineers under their supervision.